Yes, you can save calories for the weekend or a special occasion but it requires some forward planning.
As long as you balance your week-to-date calories on your 'weekly summary' by the end of the week, you will still be making steps towards your goals.
- Plan your special occasion or night out into you diary by guessing what food and drink you're likely to have (try getting hold of a menu they sometimes tell you calorie totals).
- Have a look at the days calorie totals; you'll probably find that you've got an over-eat of calories.
- Now you need to find a way of absorbing your over-eat throughout the remaining week by watching your week-to-date figures.
- You can plan exercise into your activity diary to burn-off your over-eat or lower the calories you eat each day. The good thing is you can spread the over-eat over the rest of your week.
- Always refer back to your weekly summary report and try to balance your week-to-date calories to zero by the end of the week to achieve a successful weigh-in.